Someone once told me God puts me in the right place at the right time to capture a moment. From then on, I felt photography was bigger than ever before and beyond my scope of understanding. Photography has made me a seeker, a believer, a winner, a loser, a friend, a giver, a fighter, a student, a teacher, a traveler, a dreamer; but above all it has made me find myself.
I’m Lauren, a 26 year old freelance photographer interested in fashion and wedding photography. In 2017 I graduated from the Belmont University Visual Arts department. I am currently based in California and available for bookings around the world.
It was during my time living and attending school for in Nashville, I yearned to challenge myself creatively outside of the class room. Besides expanding my own photography company, I began working for companies in my new city like The Nashville Entrepreneurship Center and the fashion brand, Sister’s of Nature to make my dreams a reality. And it was during that time that I laid the foundation for what I always wanted to do. I learned how to interact at professional networking events, take special requests both within these companies and throughout Nashville at partner companies. Provide gorgeous photography content for web properties and social media accounts in realtime. Style and assist on photography projects. Also, interact as a member of an entire content and marketing team and attend weekly meetings on-site and more. It’s this commitment to developing my craft that has landed me features in several publications, books, and blogs.
After four years in Nashville and one BFA later, my husband Bryce and I are continuing our careers in the photography and music industry in the beautiful state of California. Bryce is an internationally touring musician and my photography partner in crime. Together we love visiting inspiring locations, discovering new music, and going on photo adventures.
As a photographer, I personally believe photography is essential in this modern world that we live in so we can confidently tell the world who we are and our story. This has been enough of a reason for me to never let go of my camera.
Sign up to my newsletter
for special offers, updates, & more!
Q & A
Where are you located?
I'm based out of Old Town Camarillo, CA in Ventura County.
Do you travel?
Absolutely! Traveling is something I love doing. I do require travel expenses be provided for projects and events more than 50 miles away from Camarillo. For out-of-state clients, travel fees most likely include a plane ticket or two, a rental car, and hotel stay.
What should I wear to my session?
I feel lucky to photograph people whose style inspires me, but I understand how daunting putting together looks can be. Make sure you plan a head of time to keep from feeling rushed and to ensure you're putting your best look forward. In general, wearing something you feel comfortable in and that's reflective of your personality is always best. Need a little inspiration? Visit my ever evolving Pinterest board of outfits. I also will be more than happy to recommend ideas to you if you need help!
Should I use a hair and make up artist for my session?
Yes! Having hair and makeup will make you look/feel amazing the day of shooting and only enhance your overall session and final images! I just ask that you be responsible for scheduling hair and make up times according to your schedule.
When do I pay you?
For all portrait and engagement sessions - I take a 50% nonrefundable deposit with the remaining balance due at the time of your session.
For wedding clients - I require a 30% nonrefundable deposit to secure your date. I can accept installments for my Bride and Grooms. Please be prepared to give the remaining balance at least 7 days before your wedding date.
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
Since I want to make sure your entire photography experience is nothing less than perfect, here’s how the process will typically work:
01. Booking - If you want to book your session with me, click the BOOK ME tab above or shoot me an email and we'll start with availability and chatting about what you envision for your shoot. To officially book your session, I require a 50% nonrefundable deposit. Your final balance is due the day of the shoot, and I'm happy to accept payment by check, cash, Venmo, or Paypal!
02. Session planning - Once we have your session booked, we'll start planning the shoot soon. Brainstorming about location, timing, wardrobe, inspo, props, etc.
03. Shoot day - Pure fun and joy :)
04. Post shoot - Two weeks after your shoot, your final gallery with your best images professionally retouched and edited will be ready and sent to your inbox.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the process! I'm so happy to help!
How much does it cost to work with you?
Full portrait sessions, are $375/hr.
I also offer mini sessions for $250.
How do I book you for my wedding?
Shoot me an email that you interested and with all the fun details of your day. (date, venue, guest count, colors, theme, etc) I will shoot you over a PDF with lots more info if I am available!
Do you have backup gear and liability insurance?
Yes! I always bring a back up camera and plenty of lens. If your venue needs proof of liability insurance, no problem. Just let me know and I'll shoot you over the COI needed!
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I have over 8 years experience and I received my undergraduate degree in Photography from Belmont University.
Can we print our own photos?
Do we need to pay for the right to our images?
Never. You have full rights to your images and are free to share, print, archive and use any way you choose.
What is your typical process for working with a Bride and Groom?
01. Phone/Email/FT - After you let me know your interested, I’ll send you just about everything you need to get started, including a detailed pricing guide.
02. Set up a free consultation - We’ll go over the details of your day and to answer any questions you may have. If you’d prefer to meet in person, that’s okay too.
03. Signing the contract/paying the retainer - This is what makes everything official. Everything can be done electronically to make our booking process stress free.
Pre Wedding Prep
04. Engagement Session Planning - After we get a location, date and theme set up, then I’m an open book for any questions you may have.
05. Engagement Session - This day is going to rock. Seriously. If you’re doing an engagement session, you’re going to get to make out with your significant other for an hour while I do my thing. We’ll laugh, play and you two will have an amazing time.
06. Communication - Between booking and your wedding day, you’re probably going to have some questions and I’m here for you. It’s very important that you ask me about anything you’re not sure of. At the same time, a questionnaires and a timeline template. This will get me everything that I need from you and give you the opportunities to ask any questions that you have. I’m happy to recommend vendors, go wedding dress shopping or treat you to a glass of wine while you pick my brain. Whatever you need.
07. Venue Visit - If I haven’t shot at your wedding venue before and it is within a reasonable distance, I’ll scout it out before hand. You’re always welcome to join me when I do this. If it’s not within a reasonable distance, or I’ve shot there before, I will show up early on your wedding day and do the scouting then.
08. Wedding Questionnaire - Filled out 4 - 6 weeks prior to the wedding http://www.lauren-newman.com/wedding-questionnaire/
09. Pre-Wedding Phone Call - I like to schedule a 20 minute phone call about a two weeks before your wedding, just to make sure we’re on the same page. We’ll go over your final timeline together and I’ll address any questions or concerns that you may have. My goal is to be 110% prepared when I arrive on your wedding day. Your final balance is due at least 7 days prior to your wedding date.
010. Wedding Day - The day we’ve both been waiting for. I always show up a little early to set up, earlier if I need to do any scouting. My second will show up at the same time. Together we’ll assess what is going on, set up, and then come find you. At this point, we’ll continuously document what is going on around you. You can relax knowing that we’re both capturing all of the moments and details of your day. We’re also there to help you, so if you need anything at all, just ask.
011. The Sneak Peek – I know how hard it is to wait to see your photos, so I promise to get a few of my favorites up for you within a few days of your wedding. I’ll send you an email as soon as they’re ready so that you can share them with friends and family.
012. Gallery Delivery – Your entire online gallery including your high resolution, professionally edited images will be delivered within 6 - 8 weeks of your wedding day.
013. USB Drive Delivery – I’ll mail your crystal USB drive within one week of the gallery delivery. I highly recommend that you back them up. Better yet… print a few!
014. Albums and Product Delivers – Each product has it’s own turnaround time, but most products are completed and delivered within 2 months. When you place your order, I provide an estimated delivery date to keep you in the loop. I always contact you directly as soon as they’re ready for pick up.